- 1 Where can I fish from shore in Michigan?
- 2 Can you fish anywhere in Michigan?
- 3 Where can I catch big fish in Michigan?
- 4 Does Michigan have good fishing?
- 5 Where is the best walleye fishing in Michigan?
- 6 Where is the best bass fishing in Michigan?
- 7 Can I fish in Michigan without a license?
- 8 Does Michigan have a lifetime fishing license?
- 9 Is it illegal to fish with corn in Michigan?
- 10 What is the rarest fish in Michigan?
- 11 What is the biggest fish ever caught in Lake Michigan?
- 12 What is the biggest fish caught in Michigan?
- 13 What’s the best tasting fish in Michigan?
- 14 Where is the best perch fishing in Michigan?
- 15 Where is the best catfishing in Michigan?
Where can I fish from shore in Michigan?
Michigan offers plenty of seawall fishing opportunities
- Southern Lake Michigan (Southwest Lower Peninsula)
- Central Lake Michigan (Northwest Lower Peninsula)
- Northern Lake Huron (Northeast Lower Peninsula)
- Lake Erie (Southeast Lower Peninsula)
- Eastern Lake Superior (Eastern Upper Peninsula)
Can you fish anywhere in Michigan?
You need a valid Michigan fishing license to ice fish anywhere in the state. Licenses are available online through the Michigan Department of Natural Resources website (michigan.gov/dnr) and at bait shops and various other retailers across the state.
Where can I catch big fish in Michigan?
Clair (where muskie is the most common species in the database) is the most likely place to catch a big fish (Lake Michigan is No. 2; Saginaw Bay No. 3). Bluegill is the most common master angler fish, and Long Lake in Grand Traverse County the best place to find them.
Does Michigan have good fishing?
Michigan’s waters are extremely generous for both beginner and expert fishermen, but please do check with the Department of Natural Resources, who have strict rules regarding where you can fish at different times of the year. To try your luck while enjoying nature, check out these top fishing hotspots in Michigan.
Where is the best walleye fishing in Michigan?
Top 10 Michigan Walleye Lakes
- Mullett Lake.
- Houghton Lake.
- Hubbard Lake.
- Holloway Reservoir.
- Kent Lake.
- Gun Lake.
- North Lake Leelanau.
- North Manistique Lake.
Where is the best bass fishing in Michigan?
6 Michigan lakes make list of best bass fishing in US
- Lake St. Clair (ranked No.
- Burt/Mullet Lakes (ranked No.
- Bays de Noc (ranked No.
- Saginaw Bay (ranked No.
- Lake Charlevoix (ranked No.
- Grand Traverse Bay (ranked No.
Can I fish in Michigan without a license?
Fishing Licenses If you are under 17, you may fish without a license, but you are required to observe all fishing rules and regulations. Any adult actively assisting a minor who does not have a license must have a fishing license.
Does Michigan have a lifetime fishing license?
(e) The fee for a comprehensive lifetime hunting and fishing license is $1,025.00 and shall include all of the following: (i) Resident small game license. (ii) Resident firearm deer license.
Is it illegal to fish with corn in Michigan?
Chumming, the practice of luring or attracting fish with bait mixes that can include corn, rice, noodles, fish eggs, or different types of meat, has been legal in Michigan for years. Infected fish shed the virus in their urine and reproductive fluids, and fish eggs are known to spread some strains of the disease.
What is the rarest fish in Michigan?
A Michigan man has caught a rare orange fish on the Muskegon River. Paul Gillis caught the fish Saturday while on a fishing trip with his brother and daughter, MLive reported. “We were catching a ton of smallmouth, walleye, trout and suckers,” he said.
What is the biggest fish ever caught in Lake Michigan?
Wellman’s crew landed a heck of a salmon. Chinooks bigger than 20 pounds are considered trophies out of Lake Michigan. The current Michigan state record chinook is a 46-pound river-run king that was caught in the Grand River in 1978.
What is the biggest fish caught in Michigan?
Teen catches 47.86-pound Chinook salmon, besting Michigan record that has stood since 1978. LUDINGTON, MI — A massive Chinook salmon has been caught in Lake Michigan, setting a record for the largest such fish caught in the state.
What’s the best tasting fish in Michigan?
Cod, smelt, walleye, perch, whitefish, pike, salmon and bluegill are just some of the fish you might come across at one of Michigan’s Best Fish Frys. No matter how they prepare it, no matter what the sides are, and no matter if its available to take-out or eat in, our state sure does love a great fish fry.
Where is the best perch fishing in Michigan?
Good fishing for perch can be found out of numerous Lake Michigan ports, the Les Cheneaux Islands area of northern Lake Huron, Saginaw Bay, Lake St. Clair and Lake Erie. Inland lakes with notable perch fisheries include Gogebic, Independence, Burt, Hubbard, Crystal, Higgins and Elk.
Where is the best catfishing in Michigan?
One of the best places in the state to hook up with a catfish is right here in Western Michigan along the Grand River. Stretching 260 miles from headwater to mouth, the Grand River features numerous pockets of prime catfish habitat.