- 1 Where is the best place to catch pike?
- 2 Where do you catch pike?
- 3 Where can I fish for pike UK?
- 4 What conditions are best for pike fishing?
- 5 What is the best time of year to fish for pike?
- 6 What do pike like for bait?
- 7 What is the best bait for pike fishing?
- 8 What type of lures do pike like?
- 9 Is there a pike season?
- 10 What size pike can you keep?
- 11 Do pike like rain?
- 12 Can you pike fish all year round?
Where is the best place to catch pike?
Top 10 Places To Catch Giant Pike
- 9 Rainy Lake, Ontario.
- 1 Yukon River, Alaska.
- 5 Taltson River, Northwest Territories.
- 7 Misaw Lake Lodge, Saskatchewan.
- 8 Wollaston Lake, Saskatchewan.
- 10 Colorado Reservoirs, U.S.
- 2 Lac La Martre, Northwest Territories.
- 3 Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories.
Where do you catch pike?
When pike fishing, focus on shallower, weedy areas like bays and flats. Outside weed lines, pad fields, and reed or wild rice beds are also liable to hold a number of pike throughout the summer.
Where can I fish for pike UK?
FISHING NEAR ME | 13 WATERS TO TRY FOR BIG PIKE
- Esthwaite Water, Hawkshead, Cumbria.
- Wykeham Lakes, Scarborough, N Yorks.
- Rutland Water, Oakham, Leics.
- Ten Mile Bank, King’s Lynn, Norfolk.
- Loch Lomond, Balloch, Scotland.
- Grafham Water, Huntingdon, Cambs.
- Rudyard Lake, Leek, Staffs.
What conditions are best for pike fishing?
Temperatures. No matter the season, you’ll always have the best pike fishing in moderate water and air temperatures. Obviously, both spring and fall/autumn come to mind here, as they usually have plenty of days with more or less moderate and stable temperatures in both air and water.
What is the best time of year to fish for pike?
The best time of year for pike is fall, as the water temperature is slowly dropping and the pike feed and hunt very actively and aggressivly. More specifically, September and October are, by far, the best months to target pike.
What do pike like for bait?
The best live bait for northern pike are baitfish like ciscos, suckers, alewives, and shad along with yellow perch and bluegill. Northern pike a whole range of food items but artificial lures actually work better and offer more benefits for pike fishermen than live bait, in my opinion.
What is the best bait for pike fishing?
Sea fish baits are often the first choice of the pike angler. These baits are easy to get and you can buy them frozen from tackle shops or fresh from a fishmonger or supermarket. There’s a great variety of sea baits including mackerel, sprat, herring, sardine and smelt.
What type of lures do pike like?
Pike absolutely love spinners of all kinds but the Mepps #5 or the big Blue Fox in silver, silver and blue, or gold work best. These produce well in any situation and work well in quickly casting and working an area. For pike, the smaller size- #5- definitely works better than the larger musky bucktails.
Is there a pike season?
Pike fishing by dedicated specialist anglers is often only from October to March, this being the traditional pike season. This gives the pike a break for spawning but also reduces the stress to fish, which can soon become gassed up after a hard fight in warm water where oxygen levels are reduced.
What size pike can you keep?
Northern Pike – 3 in total. Yellow Perch – 15 in total. Lake Whitefish and Cisco (Tullibee) – 10 in combined total.
Do pike like rain?
The rain can definitely help improve the fishing for northern pike. You can find plenty of pike in the shallows feeding on bait fish during the rain, but don’t rule out the deep water bite as well, especially during the summer and fall.
Can you pike fish all year round?
Many other anglers fish for pike all year round. An angler who prefers to fish for other species in the spring and summer will perhaps only target pike during the autumn and winter months. Those with a long memory and a sense of tradition may stop fishing altogether during the close season.