- 1 How do you stop your urine from smelling?
- 2 Is Smelly pee serious?
- 3 What does really smelly urine mean female?
- 4 Why does my urine smell foul but no infection?
- 5 What does UTI pee smell like?
- 6 What does diabetic urine smell like?
- 7 Why does my pee smell like rotten eggs?
- 8 What does it mean if you keep smelling urine?
- 9 How do I stop my pants from smelling like urine?
- 10 How do you get rid of ammonia smell in your urine?
- 11 Why does my pee have chunks in it?
- 12 What color is diabetic urine?
- 13 How do I get rid of urine smell in my house?
How do you stop your urine from smelling?
Take these steps to reduce the amount of odor your urine produces:
- Drink enough fluid.
- Get examined for possible infection.
- Change your diet.
- Drink cranberry juice.
- Take deodorizing tablets or Vitamin C.
Is Smelly pee serious?
Urine often has a slight ammonia smell, especially first thing in the morning or when a person is dehydrated. Smelly urine can also be a sign of an infection, however, so if the smell does not go away on its own, or if additional symptoms develop, see a doctor.
What does really smelly urine mean female?
In women, a urinary or bladder infection occurs more often because the urethra is shorter and closer to the anus. In addition to bacteria, viruses or fungi can trigger an infection. The invading bacteria thrive in urine and multiply quickly and cause an infection, which can result in an unpleasant smell.
Why does my urine smell foul but no infection?
Foul-Smelling Urine: Dehydration Kaaki says the number one reason for bad-smelling urine is dehydration. “You always have a certain amount of ammonia in your urine. When you have more water, the ammonia is diluted, and it smells less intense.
What does UTI pee smell like?
Urinary tract infection (UTI) A bladder infection or other infection impacting the urinary tract can lead to urine that smells like ammonia. Other symptoms associated with a UTI include: pain when urinating.
What does diabetic urine smell like?
If you have diabetes, you may notice your pee smells sweet or fruity. This is because the body is trying to get rid of the excess blood sugar and is disposing of glucose through your urine. For people who haven’t been diagnosed with diabetes, this symptom can be one of the first signs they have the disease.
Why does my pee smell like rotten eggs?
It’s usually caused either by a UTI or an imbalance of “good” and “bad” bacteria naturally found within the body. When caused by bacteria, the bacteria will affect the urine as it sits in or passes through the bladder. This can lead to strong, sulfur-smelling urine.
What does it mean if you keep smelling urine?
Urinary tract infections — often called UTIs — commonly cause urine to smell strong. A strong urge to urinate, needing to urinate frequently, and a burning sensation upon urination are the most common symptoms of a UTI. Bacteria in your urine cause urinary tract infections.
How do I stop my pants from smelling like urine?
Things you can try at home:
- Wear underwear made of natural materials, such as cotton or moisture-wicking fabrics.
- Wear loose-fitting boxers.
- Shower twice daily.
- Apply cornstarch to help control moisture and odor.
- Avoid spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol.
How do you get rid of ammonia smell in your urine?
Treating ammonia-smelling urine
- Stay hydrated. Share on Pinterest Drinking water is a simple way to stay hydrated.
- Cut down on diet triggers. Anyone who consumes a lot of triggering foods can stop ammonia-smelling urine by cutting those foods out of their diet.
- Pass urine often.
- Stay clean.
Why does my pee have chunks in it?
The bottom line. If you notice white particles in your urine, it’s likely from genital discharge or a problem in your urinary tract, such as kidney stones or possible infection. If you have significant symptoms that accompany the white particles in your urine, you may want to see your doctor.
What color is diabetic urine?
Can Cloudy Urine Be a Sign of Diabetes? Diabetes can cause cloudy urine when too much sugar builds up in your urine. Your urine may also smell sweet or fruity. Diabetes can also lead to kidney complications or increase risk of infections of the urinary tract, both of which can also make your urine appear cloudy.
How do I get rid of urine smell in my house?
Make a solution of baking soda, peroxide and any dish detergent. The combination of the three is often powerful enough to drive away even the strongest of urine smells. Mix together 8 fluid ounces of peroxide, 3 tablespoons baking soda and a few drops of dish detergent.